Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Significant Other vs. Family

It's a tale that's old as time, which usually ends terribly. I mean, hello, Romeo and Juliet? But does it always have to end that way with both sides losing someone they love? 

Oh, Leo. My childhood crush. 

Maybe I'm being a little melodramatic, but I have a good friend who's dating someone that we don't all really get along with. Now, he's a good person and I know he means well, but there are some instances where I feel like he doesn't really try. He would rather shut himself in her room instead of playing board games with us downstairs. And while I respect people's privacy, I would like to think you want to try to hang out with us, right?  

Also, I feel like the girl we used to know isn't there anymore. Or at least, she's hiding. From my perspective, she would rather take the blame (even if it's not her fault), stop the fighting and sweep it under the rug, instead of battling it out and solving the issue. And she's not that type of person! She's strong willed and opinionated and it's so strange to see that girl being so.. passive. Because of this, and a few other instances, It's caused some friction between our friends, but I've seen it cause problems with her and her family. 

But I think what concerns me the most is that she hasn't really talked to her family about what's going on. I know this relationship has caused a bit of a divide between them, and I feel like if she doesn't say anything, it'll be too late and she'll have to choose. And that really sucks, choosing between people you love. 

... ANYWAY, enough of that! Whew, who dragged these emotions?!

Speaking of emotions, I recently watched "Inside Out" with the boyfriend, and it was GREAT! Did I totally ugly cry? Obviously. I have no idea how they came out with emotions having.. well, emotions, but they knocked it out of the park. Great for the whole family! But watching it from an "older" point of view, I was able to appreciate the details of the movie i probably would have missed if I was a child - the dark canyons of our subconscious, the literal "Train Of Thought" and how in order to feel the joy, you have to go through some sadness. 5/5 stars! Well done, Pixar. 



Hopefully the next few days go by quickly! Last minute errands for our Vegas trip, watching the Canada vs. England FIFA game on Saturday, and then off to see my fams! I just hope that month end goes smoothly at work. *insert prayer emoji here*

Till the next post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com