Wednesday, June 3, 2015

I should be sleeping.

Oh man, I was re reading some of my old posts and I can't believe all the changes that's happened within the last 4-5 years. It's funny how at 22 I thought I knew it all.  Man, if I could go back in time and give myself some advice! 

Currently, I've been feeling the lull of this desk job. Don't get me wrong, I like the corporate life. And I can't complain that it's only a 10 minute drive from home. But the routine of the day is just dragging... I mean, working with numbers isn't exactly the most exciting job anyway, but I need some sort of challenge. I've been applying to a few different places, so hopefully I can land something that I will enjoy for the next 30 odd years. All in God's will though! 

Anyway... 

I think one of my biggest pet peeve are people who can't make decisions for themselves, or don't know how to stand up for themselves. 

I am fiercely independent, which can sometimes get me into trouble. I mean, I have strong opinions, what do you want me to do? #sorrynotsorry. Maybe I'm just used to that way of thinking. Maybe I'm used to being surrounded by similar types of individuals. But whatever the reason may be, when I witness a person not being able to stand up for themselves or they can't make a decision on their own, it irks me to no end. How do people get into relationships when they don't know how to be secure with themselves? A relationship requires TWO people to be secure in their individual lives for it to work, or else you're just latching on to another person for your own self esteem. If you don't have your two feet planted on the ground, you will be swept away if the relationship ends. 

Just some late night rants before this weekend ends. It was a good weekend indeed. Here's to another 5 day work week, sigh. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com