Thursday, October 1, 2015

The good type of scary


In the span of 2 months, I started a fitness challenge, help plan out a massive basketball and volleyball tryout in our region, made it on the Western Canada Women's Basketball team, and found a new job. Yeah, it's been quite the ride. 

With all of these things happening, it's been overwhelming, and part of me really wants to just hide in the corner by myself with my fanfiction and ignore the world. I think what's really making me feel nervous is the start of a new job (and possibly my career) on Monday.  I officially resigned last week, and it's been really hard to say goodbye to the place I've been at for almost 3 years. I owe a lot to my boss for taking a chance on me, a fresh-out-SFU-graduate. 

I honestly hate change. Okay, hate is a strong word, but it's a definite strong dislike. I like being comfortable and having a good routine. But God has a plan for me, and I have to trust in that and believe in myself. It's officially my last day tomorrow, and I think there might be a few tears... #realtalk


One week out until our basketball/volleyball tournament in Oregon. What I've noticed is that I'm very, very tough on myself. I know that they say, "your biggest critic is yourself," but I find that I treat myself unfairly - especially when it comes to playing basketball. Perhaps I expect more of myself. Or maybe I compare myself too much with other people. But it could be the fact that it's Shark Week right now... Hmm.

But honestly, I feel very blessed to have a group of people in my life that will remind me to be confident in myself. With all of the events happening in my life, a lot of emotions have been coming at me, left, right and centre, and I forget sometimes to just breathe.  So shoutouts to my people. Thanks for keeping this girl sane. 



And in a couple of weeks, me and bf will be celebrating our 3 year anniversary! I don't know how he puts up with me, but hey, I ain't complaining. I'm not big on PDA, but.. I am definitely lucky. 

SIGH. Here we go. Some big scary changes... But the good type of scary. 

Till next time,

~chatterbox


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com