Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015

Not to sound cliche, but where did this year go? As I reflect on the days gone by (and as I scroll through my Instagram feed), this year definitely was a time where my faith and my friendships were solidified and I learned the value of taking care of myself.

The year was quite a blur. A good, messy, amazing blur. 

This year showed me that I needed to trust my struggles. I took a "big girl" chance and left my job for a new place. I started a new career path and the first few steps were filled with struggles and anxiety. It was the "good type" of scary, but hell, I was still scared! I had to readjust to a new office environment, learn a new system, and try to maintain a positive attitude, even though I felt like the whole financial world was falling apart. (Yeah, I'm dramatic, lol) But I came to the realization that this was the moment where I had to either rise with the challenge or get left behind. And with God's good graces, I feel like I'm at a good place in my career.

This year showed me the importance of taking care of myself. I finally gave myself a chance to appreciate the body that I own. Everyone has their own insecurities with the way they look, and I have also struggled with body image. But this year, I took it upon myself to really take a hard look at how I am treating my body. With the help of personal trainers, good friends and my boyfriend, I am currently at a point in my life where I am definitely happier with the way I look now than I ever did before. And I definitely feel great! But it wouldn't have happened with fad diets and cutting corners. I have fell in love with the gym and I hope it is starting to show. Moreover, I came to the realization that in order for me to take care of others, I must first take care of myself. The latter half of the year was filled with planning large scale events, helping out my loved ones and taking care of personal relationships, and also helping my new financial team out as much as I can. Needless to say, my emotions ran high and my energy was low - I was burnt out. I took a step back, and said, hey, I need to take time for myself, because if I don't, I will resent those around me. And in order for all my relationships to be the best, I need to feel the best.

This year showed me that I have placed my trust in the right people. 2015 was filled with great moments with amazing people. Took trips to Las Vegas and Portland, and played infinite basketball games. Bought tickets to almost every event possible during the year. Attended weddings and planned surprise engagements. Spent too much money at sushi joints, bubble tea places, and Sephora. Challenged our bodies (and friendships) during hikes and sports tournaments. We grew even closer than I thought possible. But 2015 also came with the harsh realization that not everyone understands the concept of loyalty. While some genuinely care about how you're doing, some will see just how much you'll tell them about yourself and others. I am so glad and thankful that I am surrounded by a group of people that I know I can count on, no matter what.

None of that "new year, new me" stuff. I'll still be the same asshole when the clock strikes midnight, let's be real here. This is simply a reflection on how great 2015 was and, potentially, 2016 will be even greater.

Happy New Year, y'all. All the best!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com